The human head weighs about 10 pounds. The neck gets to carry all of that weight, including added pressure when the head leans away from the center of balance. Constant neck strain leads to tension and stress in the neck and shoulders, resulting in neck pain. At SoCal Neck and Back Injury Center, we have years of experience providing residents of Los Angeles, CA with natural and effective chiropractic care for neck pain relief.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are many possible causes of discomfort in the neck and shoulder muscles. The most common causes of neck pain seen by our chiropractor include:
- Accidents, trauma, or other injuries: A strong, sudden jolt (like in an auto accident) can induce a whipping action. Such a sudden motion will lead to an involuntary, rapid tightening of the neck and shoulders. The weight of the head being jarred can also lead to spinal misalignment;
- Stress, tension, and anxiety: Tough emotions can lead to a lot of clenching of the shoulder muscles and at the base of the neck. Frequent or prolonged flexing will lead to soreness and can cause inflammation;
- Poor posture: Holding the head in a stressful position for many hours a day leads to the muscles growing fatigued. Frequently doing this with no periods of rest can cause chronic neck pain to develop.
- Lifestyle: Extra weight, a weak core, and repetitive motion injuries can lead to excess wear on the tissues of the neck.
Our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your neck pain before creating a chiropractic care plan to address it. An x-ray or MRI may be ordered to confirm the diagnosis, ensuring you receive the best possible care. Chiropractic adjustments performed will vary depending on the cause, location, and severity of your pain and immobility.
Once the chiropractor can determine the actual cause of your pain, chiropractic care will follow. Your treatment plan will likely involve:
- Chiropractic adjustment: restoring your spine’s natural alignment will relieve pressure on your neck and upper back. Chiropractic adjustments will also lead to long-term postural improvements and generally improve your body’s function.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy will improve circulation and reduce inflammation in injured tissues, enhancing your body’s natural ability to repair itself.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Los Angeles, CA for Neck Pain Relief
If you are looking for a chiropractor in Los Angeles, CA for neck pain treatment, call SoCal Neck & Back Injury Center today at (323) 375-5147.