Sciatica Treatment and Prevention from Our Los Angeles Chiropractor
Are you a Los Angeles-area resident currently dealing with radiating leg pain? Do your pain and other symptoms make it difficult to get through a day of work or participate in the activities you love? At Los Angeles Chiropractic SoCal Neck & Back Injury Center, our team has a range of diagnostic and treatment services to offer you or your loved one dealing when dealing with symptoms of sciatica. Learn more about how we can help you avoid surgery or reduce your reliance on medications.
What Is Sciatica?
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body. It leaves the spinal cord in the lower back area. Sciatica is a condition caused by impingement of the sciatic nerve. This usually happens due to a narrowed or misaligned joint space, a bony cyst, or a herniated or bulging spinal disc.
Top Sciatica Signs and Symptoms
Sciatica can present very differently from person to person. Some of the most common signs and symptoms you can expect include:
- Sciatic nerve pain in one leg (e.g., burning, searing, shooting, stabbing, or piercing)
- Leg weakness
- Altered reflexes in the leg
- Numbness and tingling in the leg
Back pain and stiffness can also occur.
How Our Los Angeles Chiropractors Help You Heal from Sciatica
Los Angeles chiropractor team Dr. Marvin C. Lee and Dr. Sang (Ted) Lee, along with third-generation Korean-style acupuncturist Dr. Jinhur Lee, provide a range of holistic services that can help you or your loved one find sciatica relief:
- Chiropractic adjustments: manual and instrument-assisted techniques to restore healthy alignment in your spine and reduce pressure and irritation of the sciatic nerve
- Corrective exercises: targeted stretches and exercises to improve core stability, flexibility, and endurance
- Massage therapy: therapeutic touch to improve blood flow and circulation, alleviate tissue tension, and reduce mental and physical stress
- Acupuncture: the use of thin sterile needles inserted into specific areas in your lower back area and along the innervation pathway of the sciatic nerve in the leg; this ancient technique can reduce pain by triggering the release of natural pain-relieving chemicals and supporting the anti-inflammatory effects of the immune system
Is Sciatica Keeping You Out of Work or Affecting Your Quality of Life?
Having sciatica can leave you off your feet and away from the active lifestyle you want. If you need relief from your sciatica symptoms, but want to avoid surgery or long-term use of pain medications, contact the SoCal Neck & Back Injury Center in Los Angeles, CA, today by calling (323) 375-5147 to schedule your first consultation.